Sunday, September 5, 2010

Game Artisans - a fine place with fine art and fine people














































As I was desperately searching for an internship around Montreal, I came across a little gallery called Game Artisans. I spoke with the owner of the place (Fred) for a good half an hour and I showed him all of my artwork. Even though he didn't have an internship for me, I agreed to volunteer anyway. I took a few pictures of the gallery (see above), and you can see why I was so drawn to this place. You don't need to play video games to appreciate this digital art form - it's simply beautiful.

So if you're ever in the Montreal area, stop by the Game Artisans gallery at 366 Mayor Street. They have models come in every Saturday for figure drawing sessions. It's a ten dollar charge, but for three hours of poses it is definitely worth it. For Art and Animation majors at Champlain: If you've ever heard of Comicon Challenge, these guys started it. This is their office, and the Comicon Challenge is actually how they acquire all of this amazing art, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment