Sunday, September 5, 2010

Descending Mount Royal, Time: Two O'Clock In The Morning



So I'm at the summit of Mount Royal, enjoying my small victory, and these two college kids come by - a boy and a girl - and they tell me they're lost. They've been looking for a way down without a flashlight (or any sense of direction, apparently) for three hours. You know, I always wanted to be a Sherpa and here was my chance, so I led them down the mountain. I tell them, "My name is Peter, but you can call me Jesus." And so they do for the rest of the journey.


I learn that they're McGill Freshmen, been in town about as long as I have. Ben is majoring in Jazz - bass guitar, actually. He's from Western Canada. Lola is from France. She's a cutie. And as a matter of fate, they also drank some wine earlier that night, and so we had a very social walk back to McGill campus. We part ways outside of a Tim Hortons in downtown after talking with some Dawson College kids who needed a light for their... well, it may or may not have been tobacco. I take a quick picture of Ben and Lola (you'd think they were a couple or something) and head off to the UQAM Residence at three in the morning.


I end the night perfectly content, with a couple of new friends and no regrets.


I'd like to thank Champlain Abroad for making this night possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment